Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Week of Middle School Ministry

Well a week ago today, the Chapel Choir left to on choir tour to London and Wales. Since I was able to go on the trip I have spent this week working with the middle school ministry. And you know I have really found that hanging out with a bunch of 7th and 8th graders is kind of fun.
The week started off with a pool party last Wednesday night at Birchtree Tennis Club. The party went great and the kids had a blast, I enjoyed getting to spend some time with the guys and really getting to know some of 7th grade guys better.
Monday started early this week at 5:45am for Atlanta Adventure which included Six Flags and the Braves vs. Red Sox game. The park was not too crowded and as always the people who love rides had a blast and the ones like me, who don’t ride, enjoyed spending some time in the park. The day finished up with the 1st of 3 games between the Braves and the Red Sox, the only on the Braves one. I enjoyed the day and getting to spend time with the kids and see a great Braves game.
Tonight finished up the week with eXtreme which was great as always. We had longer version tonight. We had fun game of dodge ball and a good discussion on the community of Christ. Jeremy taught out of Ephesians 4 and used some passages out of Joshua 1 and Psalms 27. After the lesion we had discussion groups with the kids about the church, I really enjoyed getting to hear some of there thoughts and ideas.
Well it has been a great week of ministry with middle school kids and as always when I spend some time serving with the youth I know that God’s call in my life is truly real. Well that’s it for now. I will try to have one up next week about the Home Concert for Chapel Choir and about day camp in few weeks.